DUTIES OF A COUNTY REPRESENTATIVE
- To be responsible for all affairs and financial affairs relating to the County team/s.
- To represent their County, and the views of their County members, at Regional Committee meetings.
- To communicate with Head Office and to pass information from Head Office to all members of their County.
- To pass all information from Regional Committees to the members of their county.
- To inform all riders of competition dates and venues and to check the availability of members to enter competitions.
- To encourage their County Members to Volunteer and become involved with the wider Association.
- To assist their Regional Committees with the running of their Regional Shows.
- To actively support their County riders within the Region i.e. Training opportunities, National team selections etc
- To support the General Committee with any disciplinary proceedings regarding their county/members
RESPONSIBILITIES AT SHOWS
- The County Representative is responsible for the general behaviour of all members attached to their team/s whether they be parents, riders or guests.
- The County Representative is responsible for appointing trainers for each team in their county and for ensuring that each trainer has been DBS checked.
- The County Representative is responsible for passing on all communications from the show organisers to their members, families and any guests during the duration of the competition.
- The County Representative should ensure that any guests pay a temporary membership fee to the Show Organiser.
- The County Representative should ensure that all riders are correctly attired and are wearing the correct tack when competing.
- The County Representative should ensure that all ponies are fit for purpose for their rider and for competition. They should ensure that ponies receive an adequate level of care.
- The County Representative should make it clear to members and parents that under age consumption of alcohol on the Showground will not be tolerated under any circumstances. They should promote the view that excessive Alcohol consumption for those over age is discouraged as it is incompatible with a healthy approach to sporting activity.
- The County Representative is responsible for the cleanliness of their parking and corralling area and for making sure that the area is left clean and tidy after the show.
- The County Representative is responsible for appointing responsible Adult Deputy to represent the county if he/she is unable to attend any event at which a team from the county is competing. The Show Organiser should be made aware of the name of the replacement official
- The County Representative should be aware of a named person who has parental responsibility for any rider under 18 who is not accompanied to a competition by their parent or guardian