MGAGB has adopted the IMGA Rules regarding nationality, but having ridden for one national team riders are barred from riding for another country for three seasons.
To clarify – the Home International rules are now:
To be eligible to ride for a GB country a rider must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- They hold a valid passport in their name showing that they were born in that country.
- They have been a full time resident at a registered address in that country for a period of at least 2 years.
- As per their birth certificate, they were born in that country.
- At least one of their parents held a valid passport in their name showing they were born in that country.
- Their spouse held a valid passport in their name fin their name showing they were born in that country at the time of their marriage.
For England North and England South the rules are different and the only criteria allowed is that you must have been born or have lived in the region for 3 years.
In case of doubt please contact Rosie Thornton for clarification.